The Afrikan Emancipation Day Reparations March is due to take place this Monday (1st (Mosiah) August 2016), 11am, Windrush Square, Brixton.
Come & join your global Afrikan family on the third annual Afrikan Emancipation Day Reparations March to Parliament & hand in the Stop The Maangamizi: We Charge Genocide: Ecocide Petition to establish an All Party Parliamentary Commission of Enquiry for Truth & Reparatory Justice.
We March with the following aims & intent:
1. To draw attention to Afrikan peoples’ global determination to not let the British State and other perpetrators get away with the crimes of the Maangamizi (Afrikan hellacaust of chattel, colonial and neo-colonial enslavement).
2. To hand in the Stop the Maangamizi: We Charge Genocide/Ecocide petition requesting an All-Party Commission of Inquiry for Truth & Reparatory Justice in order to raise consciousness about the fact that all the attacks on us, in both individual and collective instances, amount to Genocide/Ecocide in Maangamizi continuity necessitating reparations.
3. To increase awareness of the necessity to ‘Stop the Maangamizi’ and its current manifestations such as austerity, attempts to recolonise Afrika, mentacide and deaths in police, psychiatric and prison custody.
4. To demonstrate Afrikan peoples’ strength, capacity and determination to speak to and challenge establishment power with our growing grassroots power to effect and secure reparations (reparatory justice) on our own terms.
5. To highlight Afrikan peoples grassroots demands and initiatives for effecting and securing reparations.
What can you do to support the Afrikan Reparations Movement?
- Attend the Afrikan Emancipation Day Reparations March on Monday, 1st August and encourage others to do the same.
- Sign the Stop The Maangamizi: We Charge Genocide: Ecocide Petition and encourage others to do the same.
- Support Black Owned Businesses at the Afrikan Reparations Day March.
- Donate to the cost of the Afrikan Reparations Day March and encourage others to do the same.
- Sign the Stop The Maangamizi: We Charge Genocide: Ecocide postcard and mail it to your local MP.
- Invite grassroots, Pan-Africanist activists to your university to raise the profile of the Reparations Movement.
For more information, please contact the following:
Facebook: TheMarch August